Turkey Trot Top 10
There is still time to register for the Turkey Trot! Why register? Here are the top 10 reasons to participate and register for this year’s Turkey Trot.
10. Be in Two Places at Once – You can register and not show up, which helps three charities (thru your registration fee of $38).
9. Share the Fun – This is a family event. Register family members and create a new Thanksgiving tradition.
8. Walk, Don’t Run – Not a runner? No problem. Walk with the other walkers.
7. Burn Those Calories - Start the day with brisk exercise before the big feast. Then have a second serving of pumpkin pie!
6. Join the Party before the Party – The Trot Expo started this past Saturday at Sports Basement in Sunnyvale. Check it out!
5. Meet a 6-foot Turkey – Have you met the Applied mascot? It shows up at the Turkey Trot and is part of the costume contest featuring 350 entries.
4. Secure Bragging Rights – You can be part of the fastest growing road foot race in the country!
3. Be Entertained – New this year … bands and highschool cheerleading squads along the route.
2. Get Out of the Kitchen – You’ll be there all day anyway, so give yourself a little break.
1. Help Three Charities – Your registration fee helps support Second Harvest Food Bank, The Housing Trust and Children’s Health Initiative.
Join the challenge! So far 17,674 registrants have signed up.
Visit the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot page today and register.
See you at the Turkey Trot on November 24!