Symposium Highlights Environmental Sustainability as a Core Business Strategy
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group will hold its second annual Sustainability Symposium: The Sustainable Corporation 2011, on April 8, in Santa Clara, Calif. at Applied Materials. The Symposium will focus on solutions and best practices that advance environmental sustainability within businesses.
The speaker line-up features a strong group of sustainability experts from industry, government and the NGO sectors. Dr. Alan Hecht, head of EPA’s Office of Sustainability and R&D will discuss opportunities for partnership between businesses and government. A keynote address will also be given by Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom – focusing on the role of green businesses in the state’s economic recovery.
The event will also include the launch of the Sustainable Products Task Force. The Task Force will focus on developing a set of industry best practices and principles for action, in cooperation with government and NGOs to guide development of widely accepted sustainability standards.
The event will be held from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and will feature keynote speakers including
- Honorable Gavin Newsom, Lieutenant Governor of California
- Martha Amram, Founder and CEO, Ennovationz, Inc.
- Dr. Peter Graf, Chief Sustainability Officer and Executive Vice President of Sustainability Solutions, SAP
- Dr. Saul Griffith, Co-founder, Instructables.com
- Dr. Alan Hecht, Director for Sustainable Development in the Office of Research and Development, U.S. EPA
The entire agenda can be viewed online.